Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

To my love, the moon...

Midway during the second week of January '12, i went out for a walk under a moonlit sky. Not very much to my surprise, there was a star that tried to shine just as much as the moon was. Despite its puny size and limited brightness, it seemed to be just as attractive as the moon herself. And somewhere in the back of the mind, this poem began to take form...

Immortal is your beauty, brilliant is your shine
It's you i worship, nothing less than divine
What am before you, nothing but a mere star
Blinking at the world below, from a distance afar


Lover's light and poet's delight,
Guide to the seeker in the night,
The Master couldn't have been more right
Blossoming hearts at the merest sight!


I swear upon your eternal light, know this to be true
Come what may ahead, i will not stop loving you
Content to forever remain, i'll be by your side
No force can ever, separate us or divide

Bear in mind who this 'star' was. It was none other than Jupiter, the king of among Gods, the largest planet in the galaxy. Hearing Juno croon so, the moon replied but hesitatingly.

King of kings, and king of many a moon
Your meek words are none less than a boon
I can for you, feel nothing but feel sad
I know your plight, i know it to be bad


Bound by love, i'm bound to my mother Earth
Her love for me, knows no dearth
As for my light, the Sun soaks me bright
He's my lover, he is my true delight!

I beg you your Highness, think not of me so...
Lest you earn my sorrow, and the Sun a dreadful foe

Upon hearing this, Juno was broken hearted. But being the divine King as he was of the galaxy, he accepted the Moon's decline for his love magnanimously.

I have no sorrow, i'll have no regret
Though no fruit did my love for you beget
Content i am to remain with you,
As a companion, i promise to be true...

On a clear moonlit night, you'll see Juno near the moon, appearing like a small speck compared to the moon. The distance 'tween them is great, yet on immediate sight, it seems as though they're together...

2 comments: